View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 10:17 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
My school agers love taking walks to different playgrounds, bubbles, having yo-yo competitions, the tire swing, scooters, chalk, right now at Target they have soccer goals, tee ball, bowling, ect for 50% off. I bought a bunch and plan to pull them out on really hard days for something new, different, and active.

Inside: I bought a Cricut Create at Michaels for $50. At the beginning of the summer I make them journals and during nap time or on rainy days they scap pictures that I print and journal about what they do. We also participate in every reading program I can find! Last summer we did 4! They got books from B&N, Borders, and Books a million. Our local library did a prize for every 200 pages. They got food coupons and coupons to the pool so we did those for free field trips. Last summer we also did free movie wednesdays, and the bowling alley had three free weekdays. We packed our lunches and went on hikes and everything! The best thing about school agers is they love pushing strollers and pulling wagons!

I hope this helps!
Two questions, how many kids do you watch and how many of those are SA's?? Unfortunately for us, we don't live near enough things to walk. The only thing close to us is a soccer field, so we do walk down there in the summer and take bubbles and balls. I don't have a lot of idea's for this age group either so both of the previous responses were great!