View Single Post
hwichlaz 01:20 PM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I would not be comfortable with an in- home provider that wouldn't allow me access to the playroom. My preschool is at the of my house so parents see my space and other kids daily. They see my interactions with their kid and other kids everyday. I'm not sure I would have filed a complaint but I probably would have pulled my child after the first conversation.
Same. Allowing access is not the same as allowing someone to just hang out. Our licensing has very clear limits on how much time per week someone can spend here before requiring back ground check etc. and we are always free to end a visit if it’s disruptive. However, licensing also encourages parents to drop in early from time to time to see what’s going on. It’s right on one of the forms we’re required to hand out. The way I handle it, is I allow it, but if your child is upset when you try to leave, you must take them with you, and you can only stay for one activity. So if you drop in at craft time, please either kiss your child goodbye and leave, or take them wit you once it’s over.