Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
SilverSabre25 05:23 AM 06-30-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I spent the entire naptime today on the phone just trying to get ballpark quotes for a new central ac system for my house. Ours is okay, just old. Of course no one can just give me the info over the phone, they have to come out to give estimates. Oh well, their time to waste I suppose.

Meanwhile, my power went out for three hours during the hottest part of the hottest day of the summer (over 105 here). The reason? "Scheduled maintenance" by the power company. Seriously, you couldn't reschedule for a cooler day, or at least during a cooler part of the day ? My house has finally cooled down to 80 degrees .

On the upside I'm making hubby take me out to dinner because I've suffered so today .
Yeah we had a massive storm roll through here last night and it blew out the power for almost 200,000 people in my county alone. Ours came back on at 2 AM but plenty of people might be without power for a week or more

I wanted to go out to dinner last night given the lack of power, but I was trapped here with four kids and no car to transport them in.

Hope you enjoyed dinner, and get a good quote on a great new AC!