Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
daycarediva 03:36 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
This isn't really a vent, it's more a sad. One of my dcms (I only have 2) is pregnant and was put on a lifting restriction. Since she works in a nursing home, she lost her job, and I've lost the little girl. I made a huge DC error and fell in love with her, as I've done with my other little girl. They are both part of the family, and we all treat them like grandkids. I've learned my lesson and won't fall in love again. I'll like them a whole lot, but I won't love them and make them part of the family next time. I've had her for a year, and I'm going to miss her like crazy. It's hard though when you just have 2 or 3 kids like I do.

Ok, there is a little vent. I'm pretty sure mom isn't going to pay me the last week. She's a single mom and she's already told me she doesn't have the money. Tomorrow is pay day, so I guess we will see what happens. Maybe she will get a call today from one of her applications. I've been scouring the online places and the paper and texting her job openings.
since the lifting restriction is temporary in NY you wouldn't be able to be fired for it. I broke my leg, went into preterm labor (took FML) and THEN went on lifting restrictions. I did a LOT of paperwork at my former job but they couldn't let me go!