Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Hunni Bee 08:49 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by daycaremom76:
LOL I have to say when I am having a bad day I always read these and know I'm not alone so today is my turn to add one.............

I have this dcb that started last week he's 2.5yrs old and is big as a 4yr old. He's used to being at home with his mom so dc is new to him. EVERY morning when she drops him off he freaks out and throws the biggest temper tantrum, same at nap time, same when the other kids are getting picked up and same during the day when I ask him to do or not to do things. He does what he wants when he wants. So dcm has been giving him gummy worms for breakfast. The other day I took them from him and asked her not to bring them again. He freaked!!!!! She tries to bribe him when she drops him off, we go by a schedule each day. So when he gets here he always wants to go outside and play. So rather then just tell him NO she says........well maybe when I leave Ms ?????? will let you go outside and play. So when I say no he freaks and these aren't like little temper tantrums these are throw my body all over the floor and kick and scream tantrums!!!! I have 3 2yr olds that are potty training (he's already potty trained) and I have a set of stickers that were bought just for those kids for going potty. Everyday he wants them too now if it wasn't for all the other "i want my way" outburst during the day I wouldn't care if he got a sticker but I tried to explain they are special for the girls the first couple days he freaked when I said no but now he doesn't ask until his mom gets here. And of course she says sure you can have a sticker just ask Ms ?????? to get you one!!!! The one time I explained to her that they were special for the other kids and she kind of got an attitude with me like they are only stickers and they are only stickers but they are a special reward for the girls going potty. So today the dcm picks up her son and shes talking to me about his naptime which is about 2hrs (1.5hrs after his tantrum) she wants me to only let him sleep for 30-60 minutes cause apparently he isn't going to bed until midnight at home. Now when she started here (and in her paper work she filled out) she told me that she's been lazy with his bed time and that she usually doesn't put him down until 11-midnight. This kid is in charge, when I told her no that I am not only going to give him a 30-60 minute nap she got an attitude and said that he's taking to long of a nap here and causing him not to sleep at home.............NO YOU NEED TO SEND HIM TO BED AND STOP LETTING HIM RUN YOUR LIFE!!!!! So instead of telling her that I just told her that she'll have to figure something else out for him cause he naps during that time and I'm not waking him up! So tonight I bought him his own pack of spider man stickers and I am going to have a talk with them in the morning and as long as he doesn't freak out and have a tantrum through out the day he will get a sticker cause I am at my whits end with him and can't take much more. I have a waiting list so it wouldn't matter if I let him go but I hate letting parents go cause I just feel weird having that conversation but it's really driving me insane and I watch a 4 month old as well that he constantly wakes up with all these tantrums so then I have both of them crying!

Wow............I feel much better now! LOL

wow....kid probably runs over Mom like a Mack truck. With the stickers, I wouldn't bribe him or say anything about them - I'd catch him doing something good and comment and give the sticker. But you'll still run into him thinking he should get a sticker for everything he does. Honestly...

You say you have a waiting list. This kid is causing all kids of chaos, and Mom is absolutely no help, actually the opposite of help. I'd give him two more weeks and term. You'll find that having that conversation is much easier than dealing with that kind of craziness daily.