View Single Post
DayCareDynasty 06:23 AM 08-19-2012
Hi Lucy! For my SA kids I hired a driver because it just wasn't feasible for me to load up the toddlers and baby and take them to school. I made sure the driver was some one I knew and trusted and they did get finger printed and have a background check on file before they started. Like Nickle, I too feel I am responsible for the children once left in my care.

When I worked outside of the house I enrolled my then 2nd grader & Kindergartener in day care. I repeated to the provider when I enrolled them, and the morning of care that my K grader goes in the evening...what happens, I get a call at work from the office staff who is telling me my child is sitting in the office at 8am. I was upset thinking he is only 5 my kid could have walked out of the office or anything. The provider very nonchalantly said, I am on my way to get him it was a mistake! So my point is I left my child in her care which in my eyes meant she was responsible for him until I returned.

If the kids are going to walk maybe the oldest child can have a cellphone to call when they have made it on the grounds either you or parent.