View Single Post
Heidi 03:56 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Very interesting article. I have two kids right now with food allergies, one only 8 months old with a milk allergy. Another former family has been diagnosed with Celiacs.

Here in MN, providers are really up against it with Safe Sleep Practices and SIDS; The Child Mortality Review Panel and their recommendations will certainly change our business lives if they are passed.

When you read and article like this, you have to wonder if something like this and other things beyond our control are coming into play. Reduced ratios and increased training hours aren't going to affect things like this.

I have a dcg, she was on formula and only formula until she was nearly 8 months old. Grandpa is her pediatrician and was totally fine with it, as were mom and dad. He said she'll let you know when she needs more.

My fp sponsor disallowed my claim for her every single month because I wasn't feeding her the 'required' components...even though Grandpa/Dr and Mom both wrote letters requesting exemption because the Modified Diet Statement didn't really cover it.

It really bugged me that the parents/doctor couldn't make choices for their daughter when she was perfectly happy, healthy and progressing normally.
But I thought the food program didn't REQUIRE other components until 8 months? I need to check my manual!