View Single Post
Crystal 02:08 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I am in CA and the state does not get involved with transportation type stuff./ From what I understand, they do not even check to make sure that we have the right amount of auto insurance to transport children. It is on the emergency card for the parent to sign if they agree to allow the parent to transport. If that is not signed by the parent then the provder CANNOT transport. If you transport they cann and will check to make sure you have liability insurance to cover transporting children

they (lic) cannot tell us how to type up or contracts, but they do want for us to have a plan of operation which includes a transportation arrangements.

I think you were both in the wrong for doing business together. If she knew she was going to be going to games, then she should have not taken your child when she knew that you were not going to allow for her to transport him. In my eyes that was wrong on her part. But then also wrong on your part for having him in a place that you knew this was going to happen......

I think you two should come to a mutual understanding and try to work it out.

Can I ask why you don't want your son to be transported?
Replied in bold above.

Also........

ALOT of parents do not want their childrent transported. It is a risk that many are not willing to take. I have one family that specifically signed with me orignally because I do not transport (other than the occasional field trip....she wanted to make sure no errand running/family travel, etc) and she could not find a provider who did not transport.

I am not understanding why providers are questioning the parents decision on this????