View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 03:14 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
More confusion from the state of california, of course.

Anybody from California interested in conducting a research study with me on the inconsistencies of licensing regulations/procedures?????
Count me in!!! I say let's do something about it. CA is kind of ridiculous .

Off Topic: I just realized last week than most licenses issued within the last 10 years (approximately) have the ratio regs written as (for max 8 kids) 2 infants, 1 child in Kindergarten and one at least age 6 while provider that have licenses that were issued before that have their licenses say 2 infants and TWO kids at least age 6. Also I was told that a child in transitional kindergarten counted as a kindergartener and that if a child was enrolled in transitional Kinder or regular Kinder but not yet attending (like the summer before they start school) they did not count as SA kids. Another provider (same region, same county, different city) had licensing tell her that transitional kinder didn't count but that as long as a child was enrolled in kinder then the summer before they started he would count as a SA .

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I know this thread has TONS of info but what I have gotten so far (beside the fact that California child care laws are super confusing)

The provider obviously felt she needed a form for permission to transport or the OP wouldn't have said she did not sign it. So that tells me the provider KNOWS she is suppose to ask permission BEFORE transporting.

The provider went against the parents wishes. Wishes the provider agreed to by enrolling the child without the permission slip signed

Provider FAILED to give what any one of us would consider advance notice for early closing.

The parent has every right in the world to remove her child from an environment she no longer feels safe in.

The parent should NOT have to pay the final 4 weeks of the notice period because the agreement (as a WHOLE) for services was voided when the PROVIDER decided to do something that she did NOT have permission to do.

ANY one of us would remove our own child from a situation in which we did not trust the caregiver to do as she originally agreed to.....which was NOT transport the child.

I am surprised at the number of posters who are laying blame on the parent here
I agree here with all aspects 100%. If I had been in OP's situation as the provider I would not be surprised if the parent pulled their child immediately and I would not make the parent pay for the termination notice. It just seems irresponsible and unprofessional to me.