View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 05-24-2017
I haven't read all that has been posted but do you think different things should be expected from different childcare settings? A family child care; mine can only have 6 FT dcks, and it's just me flying solo. I would have no time or energy to safely handle a severe problem child and I would definitely have to terminate. Besides, I feel it's my own home and business and I have every right.
The government already steps into our lives at a high rate of invasion, forcing us to spend more money/time/effort on ridiculous expectations. I'm not saying supporting difficult children is a ridiculous expectation but there is only so much one person can do.
There has GOT to be some requirements and expectations placed on children's most important influence in their lives and that is their parents. Is it just easier or is it all the funding states get for programs, that causes more restrictions on child care and schooling? I would NOT want to be a teacher in a public school system. I live in a very small town, maybe 6-7K, and even our town has a lot of problems. I can't imagine what city schools would be like.
Stop blaming poor child care or schools on children's poor performance and behavioral problems. Stop entitling children from day 1 and expecting nothing out of them. Expect respect from them, give them consequences, stop thinking every dang thing they do is cute, act like respectable adults around them. Feed them better quality foods and develop good sleep schedules!!