View Single Post
Indoorvoice 12:28 PM 11-27-2018
So I just have to say that I appreciate everyone's concern with this and trying to put it into perspective for me. You're right that at this point it isn't about me or my inability to feel any sort of discomfort, but for the safety of my kids. Luckily, my neighbor also solidified it for me this afternoon when she texted me at nap today. She was home when she sent her daughter over to my bus stop and witnessed him pull in and then out again while her child was out there. Granted, they were in the yard (in the snow) but it takes a second for one of them to make the decision not to stay there. She wrote me an angry text and asked me to take care of it. So there is my reason right there. I wrote a message to both parents this afternoon explaining my neighbor's and my concern and told them that I know that I have been lax in this, but moving forward I have to be more strict and dcm responded. Now at least I have the rule in place again and can go from there. I actually do appreciate your bluntness and am glad that you guys don't think this is a silly rule. I can't control where the bus stop is located, and while it's my house, I have to ensure safety.