View Single Post
amberrose3dg 03:36 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I thought we had banned unregistered and this is the oldest thread i've seen dredged up - 8 years old.

I leave my house at 6:55 am and do not return until 6:55 pm, and that's if I go directly to work and directly home. When my ddaughter was in daycare she was here from 7:30 to 6:30 4 days a week. I am blessed that my mom keeps her so that even though she's missing a lot of face time with me, she's at least in her own home. I'm done with this job after this year.

My worst behaved kid is here 50-55 hours a week. Never absent, never picked up early, rain sleet tornadoes Armageddon - he's here. When he had a ear infection they picked him up regular time, took him promptly to Kidmed for antibiotics and he was dropped off early the next day.

I get both sides of the coin. The childcare industry discourages long hours but demands them from us.
But you are working those long hours caring for other's children. Providers that work at home can have their children with them.
Daycare centers are probably the worst as far as parents leaving their children open to close. Most charge more than a home provider but offer that open to close service. If a parent feels they are paying for it they will leave them there 12 hours even if they do not need it.