View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 09:00 AM 06-11-2010
I actually keep my upstairs for my family only, except I have occasionally kept a playpen in my office or bedroom (not my kids rooms) if I had a baby who needed total quiet to sleep. My downstairs is relatively small- I have a Living room, kitchen, laundry & bath. I keep a playpen in the laundry room for baby/toddler that cries upon waking & would wake everyone up if I have 1. Everyone else I space out on nap mats and put on classical/new age music. I use cable digital music channel. It helps them fall asleep and covers small annoying noises like tossing/turning, breathing etc lol. My kids all sleep fine during nap- if I have a trouble maker- their mat gets moved to the kitchen with me and they lose Friday treat. Once or twice of that and - miracle of miracles, even if they arent asleep they lie quietly. My school agers in the summer have curriculum/homework & reading in the kitchen, or can play outside. If they keep kids awake- they lose priveledges also. I have a license for 12- but I typically only keep one in a playpen at a time- I transition them to nap mats at about 18 months. Right now I have a 23 m, 2- 2 yr olds, 2- 3 yr olds, 2- 4 yr olds, 3 school agers- and a drop in 2 & 3 yr old. All are on mats- so I have a 2nd tiny TV/DVD in the laundry room for videos for school agers instead of a playpen right now. The first day or two you might have a small challenge, but they get with the program as long as they each have their blanket. Good Luck!