View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 06:22 PM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Well, the spit hit the fan. One of my worst fears was that a daycare parent would be able to identify me on here and now that fear it has come true. Turns out that someone also alerted this mom to my post and she came here and read it. I kind of figured that this might happen but was still hoping that it wouldn't.

Anyway, through a long series of email exchanges over the weekend and a long, heartfelt discussion yesterday at drop-off, we have reached an understanding. We have respectfully agreed to disagree on the discpline issue. She is happy with the care that I provide to her children in most every other aspect. As difficult as it may have been, I should have just been upfront with her. I should have scheduled a conference to discuss the behavior issues that I was having with her son, given them an opportunity to work on the problem, and then made a decision from there. They are still leaving but she has made it clear that the reason is because of her work situation and not the spanking issue. The timing between the two was purely coincidental. Friday will be their last day but the door is still open to them. She is welcome to use my drop-in service and when her work situation changes I will consider taking her boys back if I haven't filled the spaces by then.

I love this board and will continue to read and post here. However, I will always be mindful that a parent (or licensor, or whoever) may be lurking and so I will phrase my posts accordingly. In order to protect my identity and reputation as a provider, I am considering re-registering under a different screen name with as little identifying information as possible. In the meantime, I will be posting as unregistered if I have questions or comments that I feel may be unpopular or controversial in nature.
Well that's too bad that the parent read your posts but in retrospect she did also post the issue and her perspective on it on a forum as well. I am glad however that you two came to an agreement (and an amicable one at that it seems) and that your issue is resolved.