View Single Post
Unregistered 09:50 AM 11-10-2015
Do you give your DCK Christmas/Holiday gifts?

I have always gotten a gift for each of my DCK for Christmas and for their birthdays. I also spend a great deal of time and energy each year making/helping the kids make ornaments and various keepsakes at Christmas.

However, last Christmas 3 out of 5 families didn't so much as say thank you for any of this!?! Not one word of acknowledgement!

I have been doing this for 10 years and not one family in ten years has not gotten me something for the holidays until this past year. I can not imagine not getting something for the person that loves and cares for my child 45 hours a week!! I am in no way expecting big gifts or cash here (though it is very much appreciated of course!) but just a thoughtful card or something made by the kids would be nice! Especially, when I go all out for these parents and kids and not one word of appreciation for what I do!

My kiddos are all under 2 at this time so it's not like they will notice whether or not I get them anything for Christmas but I still feel bad not. I still plan to do the usual crafts and such with the kids as it is fun for them and for me but is it wrong to skip buying them gifts this year? Is it even more wrong to get gifts for some but not others (no one would know who got something and who didn't)? Again, the kids will not notice as they are too little. Should I be the bigger person and still get them all a little something even though it will irritate me to no end if it goes unacknowledged and unappreciated? Do you all buy gifts for your DCKs? Would you continue to do so if it went unacknowledged and unreciprocated?