View Single Post
Hunni Bee 09:41 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I'm with the parent here. I don't see that is ever ok to scream unless there is a real danger or emergency. If ANYONE screamed at my kids, I would Mama Bear them on the spot.

Yes, repeatedly knocking and showing up early is rude, but is it really the children's fault the father let them knock and showed up early? Should they really need to be screamed at so much so that the neighbors heard and discussed it afterwards? I don't think so.

I'm glad you are finding a new situation. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I agree. Screaming is never ok. This is all something that should be addressed between the adults.

The provider did not act professionally at all.

If she was upset about anything the family did, it is her obligation to handle it in a professional manner and not simply scream at anyone.

I think this was definitely the last straw for BOTH provider and family and it is time to find new care arrangements.

Communication is the key to solving, addressing and fixing almost all issues.
I agree. This person sounds unstable and done with doing daycare, really. Between reneging on previous agreements suddenly, screaming at the children and the comments her husband made, she's done.

However, the kids shouldn't have been allowed to bang on the door repeatedly in addition to showing up early and they shouldn't have been left there after the screaming incident.

It seems the parents thought anything went because they don't bring the children all the time, as the OP mentioned that more than once. It also seems the provider thought since she allows special that she was justified in her reaction.

IMO, the relationship broke down and not just at that moment.