Thread: Taking Time Off
View Single Post
Annalee 04:43 AM 09-19-2019
I take alot of days off and I get paid 52 weeks a year. When you add them up, it looks like alot but it's really no different than if I worked at another job....i.e. state holidays, extra days around July 4, Labor Day and Memorial Day, professional days, Christmas-New Years, some family/personal days, etc. My emergency days are unlimited. I tell my clients during interview so they come in "knowing" how it will be.

Another reason I close rather than get a sub is due to the state's guidelines. I do not want to risk a sub being unqualified as this is my livelihood and I do not want some state entity to come in while I am gone and the sub not know exactly what they want to see. Just too risky. I explain during interview that this is my business and supports my family and there are guidelines I have to follow therefore this is how it will be.

My peace of mind is much more important to me than in the beginning. I worry so much less about what clients think within reason. Not harsh, just realistic.