View Single Post
Blackcat31 05:20 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Red:
Here is a scenario for you to consider: Let's say you go to the grocery store unmasked, and there is a person standing in line behind you (also unmasked and not standing far enough away from you). That person sneezes in your face and you go home and carry on as usual. Then in about 5 days your healthy spouse becomes extremely ill. You bring him to the hospital but they're overloaded with other patients so your spouse doesn't get the treatment necessary and dies. How would you feel at that moment? Could you have done more to stop the spread? This is one of the reasons why the government is imposing these orders. This is why it's important to follow the orders.
Not that it makes a difference but I do understand what you’re trying to say and for what it’s worth my husband isn’t necessarily “healthy” per say...he’s a type 1 diabetic. He spent 10 days in the ICU in 2018 due to Influenza. Almost killed him.

My daughter is a nurse who currently on day 10 of a 14 day quarantine because a patient coughed in her face while she was working a double shift on the COVID floor of her hospital. She was wearing PPE but the rules of the hospital say she must quarantine.

I am open and busy as a majority of my clients are tier 1 workers. I don’t have a huge retirement account to fall back on, I NEED to work to live. The economy is an important factor that needs to be considered. It not just about protecting health as good health does you no good if there is nothing else.