View Single Post
Lucy 08:15 PM 11-11-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Lol if a parent asked me that I'd tell them I provide them with the complete daily required amount and if they need more, they are welcome to push it at home lol.

I don't deny them their needs. Kids don't need to drink liquids all day long. They do need adequate fluids, healthy food, and a safe, healthy environment. And I provide them with that. But as I explain to parents, it's not my job to raise their kids for them. It's not my job to perform 100% of their potty training responsibilities. It's not my jobs to teach them all of my moral and Christian values. That's their job as a parent. It's not my job to be the only one who takes them out doors and it's not my job to parent them at all.

If my parents tell me their kids need to drink more water, I'd say "that's a great idea and activity you can do with the at home"

Don't get me wrong here. These kids here are in care for 8 hours. They get 100% of their fluid requirements in that period. It's the parents job to take care of hem the other 16 hours in that day. I assume they can give hem some water at home too
I may have given the impression that parents have complained that their kids don't drink enough HERE, as if it WERE my fault or problem. If I did, I didn't mean to.

I have long-term families (12 yrs, 10 yrs, 8 yrs, etc.), so we discuss the kids' well being just like I would if I were talking to my sister about her kids. A mom might say, "Joey just isn't a water drinker! Can you help him to remember to drink?" And I would fully know that they are doing the same at home. You've heard about that "village"? I live there.

Again, I wasn't criticizing the OP or you. And I'm not trying to change anybody's mind here. Just sayin' .......

(Sorry, OP. I didn't mean to hijack your post!)