View Single Post
snowball 02:22 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How do I term? I've never had to term.. I'm really sick to my tummy about terming and living the next 2 weeks waiting for the crazyness is over. Do I give a letter? Do I have to explain why?

Here is what it states in my contract...

Termination
After the 2 week trial period is over a 4-week written notice is required by the parent to myself if you are choosing to remove your child(ren) from my care. Fees will still be due if the parent withdraws before notice is given, or at any given time during the notice. 4 weeks fees may be paid in lieu of the 4 weeks notice.

I will provide the parents with a 2 week written notice if I am no longer able to care for your child(ren). You are still responsible for paying the 2 week fee during this notice regardless, whether your child(ren) attends or not.

I can terminate our child care arrangements immediately for any reasons (but not solely limited to):
• Failure to comply with the policies and contract.
• Destructive or hurtful behavior of child that persists even with parent’s cooperation in stopping the behavior.
• Non-payment of childcare fees or late and/or recurring late payment of fees.
• Failure to complete required forms.
• Inability to meet the child’s needs without additional staff.
• Blatant disrespect towards provider or provider’s family.
Send a letter with your two week saying'

"Dear DCP

Due to repeated violations of my daycare handbook/contract I am giving two weeks notice to terminate care.

The last date available for care is XX

Thank you,

XX'

Short sweet and to the point. If they ask why state you illness policy as well as late pick ups.

Don't stress, the first termination is hard, but it gets easier once you feel that weight lift off your shoulders. And honestly, life is too short to worry about them. They are just a temporary blip in your career.

Oh, make sure that they have paid in full and make sure they know that if they are late during the next two weeks termination is effective immediately.