View Single Post
familyschoolcare 06:24 PM 09-09-2012
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
Grades k-5 right now.
THe older cHildren grade 3 and up need lots of routine. I mean lots and not just now we go outside plan a game and get it started. They have tow choices they can play the game or sit far inougph form everyone else that they can not touch each ttother and they can not talk to each other. The older the child the more you must do everyting as a group. the younger the child the more likely they will go with the flow so if the older kids are playing the game they will if the older kids are siting down they will sit down if the older kids are doiing homework they whant homework to do. (I give them a paper to color) ect. ..

The other ting that might help is not calling it quiet time /play but homework club and getting atleat one child even if it is our own to sit down and do homework that way when they start to get load you can say shh so and so is doing homework. In my experiece this works much better then quiet play. Still let the children play. ( Yes, it is realy the same thing by a different name)

Also like others have said and I am sure you have figured out the school aged child needs more disclipine. than the preschooler.