View Single Post
Snowmom 07:30 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
From the point of view of a parent - with two parents working full time it isn't easy to constantly keep your child in perfectly fitting clothes - what fits in length is too wide, what fits in width too short, they outgrow their clothes every two weeks, etc. Plus daycare constantly loses clothes and I don't have time or money to buy new clothes every single weekend. Re warmth - my husband and I are from a cold climate and we have a different idea from our daycare provider about what constitutes warm-enough clothing - we are trying to be accommodating but our kid is often sweltering in a sweater and hat when it is only 50 degrees out - it would be helpful if day care providers could have a little empathy for the parents here too!
Empathy for what? Clothing is a pretty standard requirement.

If you're unhappy with what your daycare requires, find a different place. It's a pretty easy solution there.

Each daycare is going to require that your child be dressed appropriately though. Honestly, I'm a little confused about your idea of them outgrowing their clothes every two weeks or not being able to find any clothes that fit. I've been at this 13 years with 10-12 kids nearly every day- my experience tells me different.

If it's a money issue, there are options out there for free/cheap clothing that I can guarantee, will fit. Elastic waistlines, roll up sleeves or cuff pants... there are options.