View Single Post
md12 12:04 PM 03-17-2009
Thank you for your reply... I'm glad you are a provider...
Yes, I did sign a contract with her daycare center and yes, it says you have to pay tuition for the time your child is out sick or in vacation. I knew I have to pay for those 5 weeks but I never imagined she will be so insensitive about the situation and she will change me full tuition. Any percentage off would have been good for us but she didn't want to give us any. And what is worse... she asked to pay those $650 by the end of the month... which I think that was really mean and maybe she did it so we can leave from her.. Maybe she didn't like us or my child... I have no idea what happened.
I assure you, we are good people, we paid on time for the 3 weeks we were in daycare and we pay on time every bill we have...
I wonder why she did not send me a statement o the first week we were out sick. Like that I would have known that she is charging full tuition and I would have given her the 2 week notice and that's it... end of story... But no, she waited for me 5 weeks and then "I kept your spot for 5 weeks, you owe me $650... You have to pay by the end of month". She never called to tell me anything and I think she took advantage of us acting like that. I kept her up to date on how is my child doing and last time I called was when we were discharged from the hospital and she never mentioned anything about payment ... and very stupid of me .. I didn’t ask either.
I know it can hold up in court... I think she will sue me... anyway I don't have any money... probably I'm going to end up paying her everything she is asking because I signed that contract.
That was the only thing I didn’t like in that contract... that I have to pay full tuition for sick days.
My opinion is that every daycare should have other rules about sick days... we can bring proof from the doctor that the child is/was sick (if necessary) and then the provider will charge only a portion of the tuition.
You, as providers should understand the parents also (missing from work = no income and doctor/hospital bills) as we understand you about your rent, electric bills and teachers on payroll. Let’s meet half way so everyone will be happy, not only the providers…
I’m not generalizing but I’m sure there are providers and teachers that do not care about the kids getting sick... It’s better for them, less kids = less work and they do not have any interest whipping their nose, washing their hands, etc because they are still getting paid if kids are home.
I'm sure lots of parents feel this way about this problem with sick days..