View Single Post
Heidi 10:36 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
yes I opened my daycare right before september and the first major virus we had was coxsackie, my son had a high fever and got a febrile seizure from this, i thought he was going to die seeing him like that, it scared me Poopless, and then he again had another seizure not too long after that...so thats what triggered me to be so strict with my illness policy...

My son has been sick so far three times in like 1 and half months...he was going strong for a while, but this summer was back to back pretty much, hes 22 months. I know the first 2 years is when they get the most sicknesses and i see that because my daughter who is almost 5 has barely been sick (she started child care at 2 but got a lot of colds then)...but seeing your child have a seizure from a fever is so scary, especially when their lips are turning blue, they have no control of their body....so thats why i became so anal about it. I cant keep him a bubble either and I do have to be reliable for parents especially for ones whose jobs arent flexible, febrile seizures arent life threatening usually but ....either i suck it up, make boogers my best friend or find another way to make money while staying home with my children....ahh choices choices...thank you all ladies for your input
2 of my children (now 22 and 15) had neonatal siezures (not caused by fever) so I'm with you on how scary it is!