View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Long story...before we met, my husband was accused of sexual contact with a 17 1/2 year old. As he had an infant at the time, he was worried he would lose the trial and be forced to register as a sex offender. Anyway, he ended up with two misdemeanors; one of them doesn't appear on the non-exemptible list at all, so I'm not worried about it. The other does, but not exactly as his code reads. His is 288a(b). Again, he has just the two misdemeanors, he did not serve jail time and is not a registrant. He was on unsupervised probation.

I'm getting my application packet together for a family daycare license now and would like some insight as to whether this charge will preclude me from doing so. I can't find information on this specific code in regards to the possible exemption.

Thank you!
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Forgot to say I am in California.
I am not sure of what part of 288a(b) is is charged with but from reading about it, I am thinking you will need to contact your licensing agency and ask them directly.

I think ANY sexual crime involving a minor should bar you (general you) from being present in or working in a child care or environment with young children.

Like I said, I would contact your area licensing agency and find out for sure. It would be sad to do all the paperwork and set up only to find out that you can't legally operate..kwim?

If you need help finding contact info for your area, just post and someone from the board can probably help as we have several members from California on the forum.