View Single Post
Chickenhauler 05:08 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
Nice response. I've questioned before why the standards for providers are lower than the ones for teachers.it doesn't change anything for me since I already have an ec degree which I got for teaching, not daycare.most providers wouldn't take the time to get one n I don't blame them since its not required, but since the first 5 yrs are the most crucial, I don't see why the standards are lowered to the point that any 18 year old w a GED can do the job.yet to teach an 18 year old adult whose a senior in hs u need a 4 year degree.
The difference is, one position is child CARE, the other is child TEACHING.

What about the parents interacting with their own children? Why is it a daycare providers duty to teach and raise these kids?

Now, if you want a 'school-like' atmosphere, then by all means, seek one out and pay the extra fees to have your child in their care/teaching.

But, many parents are not in search of a Toddler University.

If you're going to raise the bar for providing daycare with the logic of "the first 5 yrs are the most crucial", maybe instead we should raise the bar on who is allowed to have kids. Cuz that's who the onus of responsibility should be placed on, not the person who provides care for a small fee.