View Single Post
Leigh 03:24 PM 12-19-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Your employer may require a doc note for "clearance" but most providers don't ask for nor accept a Doc opinion on readmission into care. We only want the diagnosis, whether or not the doc feels the child is contagious, and the treatment given to the child.

We don't care if your doc believes the child can return. You should let your boss know that the Doc doesn't make the decision. The daycare does.

Now if your daycare allows your doc to make the decision then it's all good.

I agree if a child isn't contagious, is on medication that doesn't affect his ability to participate and doesn't require ANY additional care, then the provider should allow readmittance.

Side note, we don't care about how many paid days off you have or if your kids illness will affect your job. We can't. We do what is best for the group, ourselves, and our kids TODAY. If you have a kid and can't take time off when he is sick, you have a problem. YOU have a problem. If you need ill kid care, it has NOTHING to do with well child care. You may want to look for a daycare that DOES ill child care. It's going to be a tough thing to find. The liability is more than your kids tuition.

I couldn't even count the times that I have heard from a doctor that "it's nothing" and have it turn into something big. Last time it happened, my son's doc said that he was fine and he was hospitalized that evening (about 7 hours after the doc said there was nothing wrong with him). doctors are usually providing their best guess.