View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 03:19 PM 07-25-2016
I'm in CA and although currently the regulation is that no smoking on the premises or within a certain number of feet from doors and windows during daycare hours there are laws that are in the process of being passes that would make it illegal to smoke at any family child care home at any time whether or not there are daycare kids present and whether or not it's during daycare hours or when it's closed.

I for one think it's a great idea, but that's just mu opinion and I'm not a smoker and neither is anyone in my family or my circle of friends. Not close ones anyway. Other than aunt that lives a few hours away and my dad that lives in a nother country no one that comes over smokes ... well maybe the occasional client but that's rare.

In any case what it's trying to prevent is the impact of 2nd hand smoke on others ... mainly children here since it's family child care. It is believed that 2nd and even 3rd hand smoke is more dangerous than 1st hand smoking so that's why the strict regulations when it comes to kids.

As far as the references go ... that's a bit stringent but unfortunately it is what it is with that agency so either just do it or sign on with a different agency. I think they're probably trying to avoid referrals of people that are "bad" or just fibbing on their applications.