View Single Post
Annalee 06:17 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think like any other 2 year old he is simply learning about his world. There are playmates in his world. He is testing to see what he can/can't do. Cause and effect. That's a pivotal learning stage.

You suggested jealously but unless you see him push or be aggressive towards another child in response to something specific I think jealously is a possibility but given his age I don't think it's the root of the issue.

As far as treating him special as another previous poster mentioned, I'd tread carefully there as speaking from a parent point of view I went out of my way to never choose a provider that had their own children that were the same age as mine. It can get very complicated and when daycare kids see the providers child being treated special it can create animosity and jealousy towards your child.

It's a tough situation from either side.

I would continue to reinforce gentle touch and have equal consequences for all kids that push or behave in a manner that is physical to others.
Yes; I made sure to NEVER be holding my own or my niece/nephews when they were small and in my child care. I worked 8 years before having my own and that was a specific concern from current and interviewing clients.

But for what it's worth, I nit-picked my first and he was not that good in child care but did much better with my second. I think I have told this story many times on here, but my licensor at the time whom had kids of their own emailed me a lengthy email after she left one day telling me to quit nitpicking him. He was a kid just like all my other daycare children and her advice was well taken and my own son got better after that. I also took my mom's advice to allow at least 30 minutes after work just for him even if he was playing alone to be near him.

Just my thoughts on the issue