View Single Post
MG&Lsmom 10:46 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
I tested her nipple and it is one single stream that is so incredibly tiny - I have to squeeze so hard to get anything out at all.

So I took it upon myself to add some more holes. Sure enough - next bottle she was in a great mood and took 2 oz with out one single tear!!!
now she is fast asleep as are every one of my other kids!!
Sounds exactly like my youngest DD! I don't know how her daycare provider handled her. She literally drank 2-3oz a day for 7 months. Nursed from pick up to dropoff (yes all thru the night). It was a living hell for me. But she was a very happy and content baby at DC. She just did her eating on a different schedule. She hated every bottle ever given her. She was a NICU baby and had been given breastmilk in bottles since her first hour of life. Then up and stopped on the first day of daycare. But I never ever ever tried adding more holes!! She's going to be 5 soon, so that info helps me none, but I will be passing it on. Makes sense tho, seeing as the breast has several and one single stream must be such a shock to a little baby.