View Single Post
Unregistered 08:22 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by jen:
Holdy cow! How funny are you?! Immoral??? Hahahahah!!! You are welcome to choose a provider who doesn't charge for vacation time...certainly your right but THAT is where your rights end. My business, my rules.

And, for the record...When you pay tuition for private school, or college, you DO NOT get a discount when school is closed for whatever reason....are they immoral too or just running a PROFITABLE busines?
First of all, as a self-employed person you are NOT ENTITLED to paid holidays, vacation and sick days, and I think its greedy to think you do. It is immoral. Private schooling is by no means the same type of "service" you are paying for an education, and at most schools if you have a weather emergency or any other unplanned emergency the day is made up at the end of the year. That's like saying if the teacher calls in sick the parents have to pay the teacher her sick day and pay the substitute for the day. The parents don't the company (the school) does. With that being said, you are running a small company, you are the CEO, you are responsible for paying yourself that sick and vacation time...I hope that make sense.

I'm so sick of seeing people complain about paying for groceries and utilities they use for their business. I also have expenses, like a reliable vehicle, vehicle upkeep, gas, business attire..I don't expect my company to pay for those expenses because its part of the job.