View Single Post
MunchkinWrangler 11:43 AM 07-07-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Angry doesn't cut it with how I currently feel about this provider. Montessori program? not even close. She has numerous licensing violations, and since she advertises herself as a 'school' parents buy it hook, line and sinker. (she's a group family childcare, she lives upstairs, her program is run downstairs) She is the ONLY 'private' school in the area that isn't religious based. As soon as I explain to parents that her licensing status and credentials are NO different than Suzie Q down the street doing home daycare in her family room with an assistant, the parents have been ticked to say the least. She has NO college degree and I seriously question her montessori education. I see her at licensing classes and she has nothing but disdain for parents, and even towards children, imho.

She charges an INSANE amount, here the highest center rate is around 50/day for an infant. She is charging 55/day for ALL ages. Her 'tuition' payments are due monthly- and are regardless of days used. Part time, full time, same rates. She provides no food- all kids must come with all meals and snacks in lunchboxes, prefilled cups of milk for meals, etc.

Her website and what she CLAIMS to offer is incredible.

I am hearing so much from these parents about what she CLAIMS licensing says as well- If it's over 80 it's too hot to go outside. Young children get heat stroke quickly. If it's under 32 it's too cold to go outside. Children MUST remain on mats for 3 hours. The state doesn't allow me to accept a cloth diapered child. The state doesn't allow me to warm up breast milk. The state doesn't allow parents to drop in as needed throughout the day. The state doesn't allow me to offer a morning snack, even if the parent provides it. The state doesn't allow me to show you all of the areas used for childcare. The state doesn't allow me to post my credentials, only the state license.

This is just SOME of what I have heard from 5 parents, I have two more of her (former) families on my waiting list. Her parents are onto her.

She's full of it.

Ok, rant over!
Yeah she definitely sounds full of it. I've known providers like this. I mean we're all in it for the money but you seriously have to have a love for children too. Sounds like she's running a baby factory I.e. taking all profit and not putting one cent into running the business. Everything looks good on the outside and in but she's getting away with not properly caring for children.