View Single Post
llethert 07:29 PM 03-09-2012
I wanted to update sooner, but have had a very busy week. With childcare and family stuff.
I have decided to keep on both families for now .On Monday the father of the injured boy came to drop him off and we had a short conversation. His attitude was much calmer and open to discussing the issue further. Also they have now refered two friends who have newborns.One who needs care now and one to begin in a few months. These parents are also friends with the parents of the other boy who was the "aggressor" so they knew the story from both sides.one set were not concerned enough to even want to discuss it. The other set of parents did have questions. After speaking to these new parents about my approach to the situation they decided they respected the way I have decided to deal with it and really like what they have heard from many other references.This IS slightly bizarre. I am going to trust that someone who is going to refer two good friends is not going to come after my business with a lawsuit.They also still want to bring their son. They have decided for the time being to bring him the 2 days per week that the other boy does not come. ( he comes 3 days). So I am going to go with the flow and take it week by week. I will be re-evaluating the situation with both of the boys' parents weekly.As far as changing things to avoid this happening again I have always kept the babies under 12 months mostly seperated from the older kids. Bouncy seats,exersaucers and jumperoos help with this and I have a strict rule that older children must stay away from the babies floor blankets. I will be moving the age up,but once a child is walking I am going to have to be creative to figure out how to seperate them in the space that I have. Thanks again for all the comments and advice!