Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
canadiancare 05:59 AM 10-02-2012
I have a 2 year old who has been here for a year. She requires a "written invitation" for every step of our day. Everyone else knows the cues of "snack time" "craft time" etc. and come running to their spots. She stays in the playroom doorway waiting for me to go and get her. I mentioned this to her mother who replied that she was proud to be raising an independent thinker. I, alternatively see it as an issue since it is EVERYDAY the same routine.

She also is severely underweight (has yet to triple her birth weight), very uncoordinated and holds a bolus of food in tightly clenched teeth without swallowing it. She will either start to cry when I tell her to open her mouth so I can sweep it out before putting her down for her nap or she will jam her hand into her mouth causing herself to vomit. Again I see issues and mum says she is just a high needs child.

I have anxiety issues with letting families go but I am at the point where I am feeling like I am ramming my head against a wall of denial.