View Single Post
Soccermom 08:40 AM 10-23-2012
I don't charge a late fee because I will never enforce it since I am a huge weakling LOL

I am flexible with pick up time on some days if the parent runs it by me first. I have one DCf who normally picks up at 4:30 but sometimes needs me until 5:30 (I close at 5:30) DCD often gets stuck in traffic and doesn't arrive until 5:35/5:40 but he always calls to say I am on my way, I am about 5 min. away so I feel respected in that sense. I feel like most days they pick up an hour before closing so I can keep DCK for an extra hour or so once in awhile.

BUT I will term if DCP is often late with no prior agreement. My policy is that if there are more than 3 late pick ups in one month, the DCF is automatically termed. I tell them that from the first day. I haven't had to enforce it yet. I also have the right to term if I feel that DCF does not respect my hours of operation. I won't keep repeating myself and I won't put up with it.

After all these years in chilcare, I still have a weak backbone when it comes to enforcing late pick up fees and late payment fees but I will not tolerate being disrespected and being taken advantage of. It is my biggest pet peeve. I have termed 2 DCFS in the past because I felt like the carpet they wiped their shoes on.