Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Unregistered 07:31 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I simply will NOT put up with cheap, crappy diapers. I recently amended my contract to state that I prefer Pampers diapers. If you don't send those, then Target's Up & Up or Huggies will do. Do NOT send any other store brand diapers, do NOT send Luv's.

There are simply too many brands of diapers that don't work, and it is not fair to take time away from my job every day to bathe children who are covered in poop because their diaper failed again.

At this same time, I stated that parents of infants are expected to use a high-quality bottle, and I stated that much as I hate to clean them, I feel that Dr. Brown's are the best. Parent's Choice bottles and the like that allow a child to swallow more air than milk are NOT allowed at my home. I state in my contract that I have 2 dozen Dr. Brown's bottles that they are welcome to borrow from me for use at home, if they choose not to purchase them. The first baby I had after this change is using bottles borrowed out.

I explain to parents that it is not fair to kids to cause them pain from swallowing all that air (these kids cry all day, as we all know). I made this decision after feeding a baby from one of those POS bottles and watching it bubble and gurgle while the poor kid tried to get milk out of it.

I HAVE been called insane for both of the policies, I HAVE been told that I am out of line to dictate diaper and bottle brands. I don't care. When I am the one caring for the child, I will NOT deal with the fallout of parents who want to save a couple of bucks.

I also am an Amazon Prime member, and tell all DCP's that I will order their diapers for them from Amazon if they wish, in order to save them some money. I clip and print diaper coupons for the parents to help them save on them, too.
I could not use anything for my kids BUT Luv's and honestly for my kids they worked very well. Mind you, this was years ago when diapers were made just a bit more absorbent than they do now and you got way more for your money. And Dr. Brown's bottles were the worst for my kids. They used Playtex Vent Air. I think it's up to the parents to choose which diaper/bottle to get their kids. Same with clothes,shoes, jackets, baby foods, etc. But I do agree that if the kid is soaking thru the diapers, another plan needs to be made. Although at THREE, why is the kid soaking that much?