Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:00 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
LOL Its almost like they are all testing me now?! had another dcm today let me know dcg would not be here, she also says because it was such short notice that if i needed to keep todays payment she would understand... WOULD YOU?? because clearly you dont understand anything!!! i let her know that, just like writen in my contract, i do not do credits when THEIR schedule changes, so yes i would be keeping the payment and everyone is getting their billing slips today so i am anxious to see what dcd says about that extra $20
Im starting to hate ppl more everyday ( except my littles)
((hugs)) it sucks having to be the long arm of the law but like you said....people don't read anything and even if they do, they rarely understand.

Make sure you add a note stating ALL fees (including those late fees) are due BEFORE any additional services are provided. ...if that is your policy.

I had a mom do what you mentioned above (suggested I could keep her payment...I have same rule you do) and she was clearly upset that I wasn't going to refund her.

Same mom a few weeks later picked up late and although she apologized made an off handed comment about me not being serious about late pick up fees.... I went about my business and when she came the next day with her check in hand for the upcoming week (no late fee for pick up had been added in) I took the check and immediately subtracted the late fees she owed.

This left no pay for Thursday and Friday.

When she came to the door on Thursday I told her she hadn't paid and couldn't stay. She said "I paid on time last Friday"

I said "I know but it wasn't enough to cover all week"

She said "Did you raise your rates?"

I said "No."

I then explained what I did and she said "So can I just bring it tonight at pick up?"

I said "Sure! But daycare kid can't stay because you haven't paid."

She said "I told you I would bring it at pick up"

I said "I am okay with that but if you don't pay in advance there is no care so you can bring it whenever you want...I am flexible about that but I am NOT flexible about providing services without payment"

...she left.

with child and went to bank.

Came back with cash in hand.

NO clue why she had to make it so difficult. She'd been here a long time so she knew my rules.

She just thought I wasn't serious.

Usually you only have to do it once and never again because they believe you if you do it the first time.

I still have this family. I'm in their 3rd kid and they don't pay or pick up late.