View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:11 PM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
There are a couple of things that can be done in this situation.
First and foremost you should be direct with her and have the conversation face to face. My policies say that they are not to be even on minute later than their scheduled pickup time and that the time is based on MY clock.

Other things you can do:
- charge $1 per minute past the pickup time.
- have a sign in sheet for parents with a digital clock right next to it. Have a blue/black pen ready for them to sign and if they are not there yet for pick right at their scheduled pickup time CHANGE the pen to a red one.
- don't have a pen there at all and you be in charge of writing the time in for them and they have to sign.

Personally I didn't like dealing with this issue so I purchased a Schlage LiNK system. It's hardware that goes on your front door with a keypad. I went ahead and paid for the $10 monthly fee and was able to designate a code to each parent that ONLY works during their scheduled pickup times. One minute early or late and their code doesn't work so they have to knock. No way to argue that.
Oooh that LINK system sounds cool! I've never heard of that.
I admit, I'm far too lenient a.k.a. a pushover, when it comes to a couple minutes here or there.