View Single Post
daycarediva 09:29 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by happymom:
So I know that licensing has now made a call to the director who in turn made a call to me.

I don't work in daycare and have only been working with a licensed daycare for 2 months (came from an unlicensed home daycare) so everything I know I have learned from this forum.

Because I took my son to a walk in clinic/urgent care rather than a hospital/ER does that mean that the daycare is not required to report? Daycare says they DID report the incident by faxing it to licensing and licensing says they didn't get it. I guess I misunderstood, I thought the report to licensing was something different than the "ouch report" that I signed and already have a copy of.

My intention is absolutely not to tattle and get anyone in trouble, and my job is not to make sure that my daycare follows the rules. I just want my kids to be safe. Daycare told me that their paperwork is now going to be audited by licensing, but if their paperwork is as good as they claim it is they should have nothing to worry about.
I am required to report ANY injury that requires medical attention. The worst thing that has ever happened to me was a child was running to his mother at pickup, tripped over the area rug by the front door and chipped his tooth. His mom took him to the dentist, who wanted a crazy amount to fix it. I offered to pay for it, and dcm declined even getting it fixed. It was a tiny chip, purely cosmetic. Dcb was 'chip' for his remaining days here- and as far as I know even though that tooth has long since fallen out and replaced with an adult tooth- he is still Chip.

I filled out an ouch report (minor injuries/sent home with parents). I made an immediate phone call to my registrar and left it on her voicemail. THEN I filled out our states injury report form, scanned and emailed it to licensing. They did come out, go through all of my records, interview my kids and called this dcm to discuss it with her. I wasn't given any citations. I had nothing to hide.

I know the procedures vary by state, but if they self reported like they are supposed to, it wouldn't be surprising to receive a pop in licensing visit/inspection. That seems very standard.

If they did report it, they should have a copy of that report, with a fax/email trail to prove it was sent. They should only be concerned if they didn't report and have been lying to you and/or they have something to hide.