View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:32 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The big difference here is that if someone signs up for a membership the opportunity is still there for them to use should they want to take advantage of it. They don't just close there doors for a week and expect you to pay. Your quoted contributor is spot on! And your argument doesn't hold water. I don't understand where you and other daycare providers think it is kosh to take advantage of people.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
And it sounds like you are all banding together to take advantage of people with a need. Pretty much no better than big pharma. "We know you need life support/cancer curing drugs. Here they are. They are just going to cost you $1000 a pill and you will need to take 1 a day. If you don't like ours go somewhere else." But then you and the other pharma companies have already agreed not to charge less than $1000 a pill.
You know what I don't understand?

Parents that don't think that every single dime they pay their provider is worth what they get in return.

Why do parents feel the need to complain about paying for the few days per year that their child care is closed for the holidays or for personal days.

Isn't YOUR child worth those few extra dollars?

Guess not, because I bet you've never spent this amount of time and/or effort whining to your mortgage, internet or cell phone company or your bank about the payments you pay them. Odds are you probably pay them more each month for something far less valuable than your own flesh and blood.

Shame on you!

Unless your provider plops your child in front of the TV all day long and feeds them nothing but PB&J's you really should be ashamed of yourself for complaining about someone that opens her home, her arms and her heart for YOUR CHILD on a daily basis.

I am truly saddened for every provider that has a client like this and my heart breaks for every child that has a parent that feels they pay the person that lovingly cares for them too much.