View Single Post
Baby Beluga 12:18 PM 01-05-2017
I am not affiliated with this daycare or person. I came across it via facebook and was wondering your thoughts on this. Should the DC have called the parents or did they handle it properly? Do you think the DC should reimburse the parents for medical bills? Do you think if the DC would have called the mom when the fall happened, mom would be perusing financial reimbursement?

"Today was a good day, we got (child's name) some justice!
This is a PSA regarding (DC name) Learning Center in (city).
I enrolled my 14 month son on November 2nd, his dad and I dropped him off together getting the feel of the facility, one of the co-directors gave us a second little tour and I prepaid my three days for that week, filled out an emergency card, I told the teacher in his room (12-24 mo) that he was a tad unsteady on his feet still and I prefer him drink milk instead of juice at lunch, I tried to get him acclimated for a minute and kissed him bye at 9:30.
At 5:30, I went to pick him up, the director greeted me, I introduced myself since he was not their earlier and told me to go get him from his room and come back. My son was crying when I walked in and his entire left face from his eye down, was black and blue. I rushed over and the teacher nonchalant explained that he tripped over himself and fell into a chair, she had a incident report stating what happened and that it was at 11:30am! I asked if it happened before nap why was I not contacted?! It must've been a rhetorical question or I was already in rage and didn't hear her response. Either way I stormed out with my son and the director, Mr XXX, acknowledged me at the door saying that this was not how he likes to see the first day go. I asked why I wasn't notified!! All he could say was "I'm sorry, you should've been called."
We went to the pediatrician the next morning, they immediately ordered an X-ray.. half an inch to the left and it would've been his eye. Any harder and his face or eye socket could've been fractured.
This was not a argument that injuries do not happen at daycare. This is the fact that it was not their decision to make if this injury needed medical attention. Which it did. This was also not "just a bruise". It was a bone bruise which resulted in a black eye for weeks, a blood clot on his face for weeks and him literally crying in discomfort from laying on that side. They state it was not an injury that required emergency medical attention and if I wanted a call regarding bruise injuries I should have stated on the intake form.
I filed a complaint with the department of health services as well as a small civil court dispute for them to pay the doctors visits / X-rays and my time off work. We were successful in winning all of our endeavors for justice.
I URGE YOU NOT TO TAKE YOUR CHILDREN TO
(DC name) LEARNING CENTER ON (street) AND (street).
They do not have your child's best interest nor a sound emergency medical procedure. Please Share!"

*FB post with photos were public therefore I did not blur the child's face out.