View Single Post
Rockgirl 05:55 AM 10-26-2018
I can see both sides.

On one hand, we hear stories on the news of home daycares having 20-30 kids, and we say, “Why are parents leaving their children there? There’s no way they didn’t know there were too many kids!” The obvious solution would be for parents to see their children in the daycare setting, with no notice given when they decide to pop in.

On the other hand, it’s your bedroom, and I can see how you probably felt violated when he went in there. I don’t use bedrooms for daycare for that reason. I know that’s not an option for everyone, though.

During my last licensing inspection, my rep said, “I’m breastfeeding, and I need to pump. Would your bedroom be the best place for me to do that?” Now, my bedroom is not used for daycare, AT ALL. I’ve had one rep in all my years of inspections pop her head in there for a second. Otherwise, they have never opened a bedroom door. No way was I going to have her sit in my bedroom, looking around, for 20 minutes or so. Nope. I told her since I had the kids outside, she could use the daycare room and close the door.

I want to have one place in my home that isn’t under anyone’s scrutiny.