View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:28 AM 11-16-2018
My weakness is not saying no to friends and neighbors. I had a bad experience with my sister in law many many years ago so at least I say no to family but I can't seem to say no to people I consider friends.

My husband's best friend and his wife for example, I probably should have said no to them but I didn't and I'm now watching their 2 kiddos. There isn't anything too serious but there are small things that I don't normally do for other clients that I do for them like letting them drop off whenever they want (within their contracted hours) instead of having them give me their drop off and pick up schedule like everybody else and letting them stay a while to chit chat after I have closed. It's not too major but sometimes I want to know what time my day will start and I want to relax in my living room at the end of the day without anyone else's kids.

One problem I did curb was when I was asked to stay open later for them a few times a month as a favor temporarily but it ended up being more often and for a lot longer than what was discussed which then somehow turned into their normal routine. This was the one thing that I just couldn't keep doing because I had other things I wanted to do and couldn't.

The rest I can handle and I feel like it does benefit me because if I ever have to close a little early or take a day off I never hear any complaints and sometimes when they know they're the only clients I have for a day they'll keep their kids home and give me the day off. Also they pay for the earliest and latest they will need but rarely use the full time. Usually instead of 7am-5pm they come 10am-5pm so for me it is a give and take with them and that's why I don't push it or mind so much.