View Single Post
Snowmom 12:15 PM 06-26-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I live in a military town where service members and contractors all have to do shift work. I am a contractor with a toddler, and I have to rely on family members to help me with her care, but they are not always available. Last year, I was on 2nd shift frequently, my employer would not budge, so I had to send her to stay with my sister and her family for 3 months at a time, since shift rotations last that long. when I got on Days shift this year, my employer gave me a Wednesday to Saturday schedule. What will I do for Saturday, day cares are only only Monday - Friday. Here I was again, struggling to find help so I could stay connected with my daughter, and to not have to send her away while I constantly call out every saturday, and can potentially lose my job. I want to start an overnight day care facility that operates from 6pm to 6am. I feel like I would benefit more by helping struggling military families, and contractors here, if I do this. I need guidance. Can someone tell me how to start my business? It is a community necessity at this point, since single parents keep quitting their positions for the same reason - no child care. Also, many of them got out of the military after being stationed here, and decided to start there families here, but are stuck without help for overnight care. I'm going to create a survey and send it out to my local community to validate this. I believe I could help service members and contractors get relief with an overnight child care facility.
Go for it.
Check with your state's requirements & licensing agency. They should be able to direct you to the proper resources. You can also see the links located on daycare.com's main page. Quick link: https://www.daycare.com/states.html

Just be aware, many states require a provider to be awake during daycare hours. Not sure that would solve your problem with being able to raise your toddler since you'd be awake all night doing overnight care.