Thread: Covid-19 Poll
View Single Post
Annalee 03:48 PM 07-22-2020
My sisinlaw (age 47) tested postive along with her two special needs sons (age 25 & 16). They had mild symptoms with temp, tired, no-taste, etc.

My dh was tested once due to having a temp upon entrance to work. His tests was negative as he has severe sinus issues. He is to the point he can't go to the doctor because they always want to test for covid but it shuts your home down until the result comes back so we have refused to have any more doctor visits based on any normal cold/sinus symptoms.

I have closed my daycare two weeks in April due to advisement from the state. Closed two weeks in May due to my sis in law being positive as we live beside each other and had been around each other. I closed four stayed in Sat-Tuesday awaiting results of dh test.

I am about 65 miles south of Nashville on the Alabama line and Nashville is rampant with covid. The riots I'm sure hurt nashville. My nephews live in Nashville and both are working from home still but have been tested once due to their co-workers having covid before working from home.

My niece had a baby March 18 with only her husband there due to the covid guidelines. Her brothers that live in Nashville have fear being around the baby due to just walking outside exposure as they live in townhouses around many people that seem to love "carousing". They are so tired of being isolated but do not want covid nor spread it to others.

Their dad, my brother, developed symptoms but was negative. He has heart issues so his doctor ordered the test for percaution.

Most millennials here laugh, ridicule, and call names. While I do feel this has been over-exaggerated, there should still be respect.

Like me not allowing my daycare room to be used for get-togethers so they can play volleyball till all hours of the night and possibly infect my business...or laughing at people that choose to wear a mask;so disprespectful; saying things like "I dont care if my wife gets it or if my kids get it, cause it's fake and not real"; this was from a hospital millennial radiologist.

So tired of the disrespect despite all things possibly blown out of proportion. Thankfully, my niece that lives here and my nephews from Nashville have come to our aid and stand firm in protection of my large extended family.

During my cousin's death/funeral last week, many family came in from Missouri and could not believe how they were looked at for simply wearing mask. They said when they crossed the Tennessee line, you could feel the air-of-who-cares attitude.

So that kind of explains the issues at hand here. I do feel by this time all have probably been exposed but again, there needs to be respect for others despite what politics play within this covid era.

It is what it is and being disrespectful will not change it; only cause more negative effects.