View Single Post
daycarediva 11:19 AM 08-08-2012
DCB (the one that I hate to say ANYTHING negative to his Mom because she is HARSH) hit my 10 year old cat with a plastic golf club today. No reason, she just walked by him outside. He was laughing as he did it, laughing when I talked to him, thought it was hilarious. My cat LOVES LOVES LOVES the kids, has never been aggressive or mean and tolerates them ALL wonderfully. DCB is already not allowed to touch her because he is just wayyy too rough & Mom was mad at him (and me-because I was 'ostracizing' him) for enforcing this rule. I just don't want the liability of him hurting her, me not being RIGHT THERE and her scratching him (first time for everything, especially when an animal is concerned, I won't take ANY chances). Even after explaining that to Mom she still thought it was unfair and that I should not allow ANY of the kids to pet the cat. BTW- this is the cat that sits with us in the middle of the circle in the morning, that will cozy up next to a kid having a rough day, that will sit under the table waiting for scraps, so nobody touching her is not really an option, she won't 'allow' that. But she avoids dcb like the plague. It isn't the first time he has hit her (obviously, because of the no touch rule) What would you do/say to Mom? Dh wants me to term them before he really hurts her.