View Single Post
dEHmom 06:06 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
it is an expensive start up cost, but I dont ever have to buy anything else. I have had it for almost 8 years so doing the math it has not cost much. When you see the results its almost priceless.

What is that thing you have posted? Looks like fun....
Very True!

It's a magnetic fishing kit. It's really neat. My kids really loved it.

There are different types of fish, you could focus on colors, verbs, sound blends, words, etc etc.

Basically it's foam fish with a magnet on the back. On the other side there is a picture (as seen in the picture). They fish, bring it up, flip it over, and see it's a...Snowman, so they have to say "snowman" and if they say noman, then you keep saying snowman until they say it. or however you want to do it of course.

This is what the ad says on superduperinc.com

Photo Fish™
Magnetic Language and Articulation Games
by Sharon G. Webber, M.S. & Marilyn McIntyre - Grades PreK-6
1 Review
Main Product Samples Instructions PDF Related Handy Handouts
Are you ready to strap on your overalls and head out to the old fishing hole? Photo Fish magnetic games give you everything you need to take your kids on an enchanting fishing expedition—while teaching those S, R, L, and Blend sounds (or improving language skills) with every catch! Don't forget to try the newest "Catch of the Day" by practicing with Photo Fish!
Here's how to turn your classroom into the best recreational spot in town. Simply place the target fish facedown in the fish pond. Students take turns catching the magnetic fish with a fishing pole, looking at the photos on the fish, and saying aloud the target words. For added fun, have the children catch two fish per turn and try to make fish pairs. If the fish photos match, the students keep the pairs—if not, they throw their fish back into the pond and try again on their next turn.
Each Photo Fish game has:

* 27 magnetic, matching photo-word fish pairs (54 total fish per sound).
* Each fish measures 3 7/8" x 2 3/4".
* S, R, and L have nine initial, nine medial, and nine final position "fish pairs." S/R/L Blends have nine initial position fish per blend.
* S, R, L, and S/R/L Blends each have six bonus "Catch of the Day" fish.
* K has 29 magnetic pairs (total of 58 in all!) with two bonus "Catch of the Day" fish.

* One 36" x 23" fish pond.
* Sturdy 12" x 6" plastic tackle box with a handle and inner tray.
* 2 lightweight plastic fishing rods (11").
* Instructions and game ideas sheet.

So, cast your line for some fishing fun today!

It is a speech therapy tool as I stated originally, but I think ti's great fun for anyone who wants to work on words, letters, animals, etc. I plan to make my own, I just really liked the mat, but I will just get a shower curtain from dollarama that's dolphins or something and cut it smaller.

and for the fishing rods, I'll try find pick up stix or something similar, and then I'll cap it with rubber or something so they are not sharp.