View Single Post
lilbiddapopcorn 02:58 AM 04-16-2009
I don't think you're overreacting at all. This is your child and you have the right to follow up with your report to the director and if you feel nothing's being done after you follow up, you have the right to file a complaint with the licensing bureau. But please make sure you have the whole, correct story before you get too worked up. For now, I would comfort your child- Let him know you believe him, you're not mad at him, and that you're going to take care of it. The only thing I would caution against is acting shocked in front of him (even though you probably were quite shocked.) In my experience, once kids get a reaction like that out of you, they like it, and they'll start embellishing to get that reaction out of you again. I don't think that's your situation right now, just a word of advice. If it were my child, I would definitely follow up with the director, ask her if these situations are being documented, and if not I would both mention to her that you feel it's important to document these kinds of incidents and I would also start documenting it myself - just in case. I would also either take my child out of that daycare, or I would at least ask that my child be moved rooms or that that particular teacher not be the one caring for my child. You should always feel like your child is safe while you're away - no parent should ever have to feel otherwise. Hope that helps.