View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 06:58 AM 09-22-2009
I have no answers for you as far as what the boy should know already. I too have a frustrating situation with two of my families. One family isn't as bad as the other. I'm not going to get into their issues, as I could write a book, and well, I'm not sure I could always use the right words...

Both of the families I have either do or used to have their child/ren in a Head Start program. The one family dcb is now in preschool and will be starting kindergarten next fall. The other family could qualify for free preschool for their oldest child, but they didn't enroll him...

Anyway, a suggestion I have for you... Do you have the Head Start program in your area? Or does your school district have an ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) program? I know in my area both of these programs are available for free for daycare providers. All you need to do is schedule an appointment and they come to your house for 1/2 - 1 hour to spend with the children. They may have some ideas and resources for you.