View Single Post
momma2girls 01:12 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by mamajennleigh:
The mom finally called me back, which was good because he had just gotten up from falling asleep in the pack n play. I explained what was going on; she blamed it on teething; said he is a "real pill" when he's teething.

I forgot that my kids got out of school early today so I had him sitting in the high chair, only crying intermittantly, until my older boys came in the front door - WOW he freaked out! He started clawing the high chair, frantically trying to crawl out and away from the sound of my 11 year old's voice!

Thankfully, the sis-in-law was sent early to pick him up so she arrived a few minutes later and took him home. I honestly don't know what to do.

My little dcg showed up at 12 and I couldn't even talk to her father over the sound of this kid screaming. I think he was nervous about leaving her here, since she is kind of shy and was cowering behind him. . . I don't blame her!
I have him again tomorrow since I didn't get a real chance to talk to the mom this afternoon. If you guys can give me some advice on exactly how to do the CIO thing, I would really appreciate it. I would love to find him not crying so I can reward that behavior and pick him up to reinforce that he can be picked up so long as he's not screaming, but he just crawls after me and tries to climb up the back of my legs! I'm really at a loss because I hate to lose a client and I hate that the little boy hates it here, but I don't know if I can handle another 4 hour screaming fest first thing tomorrow morning.
Sadly to say, I have to let 3 children go, one was very very colicky, the others have never been away from Mom before. WOW!! I have a 2 week trial, and boy let me tell you, it was so bad!!! Even in the pack and play scream, wake up screaming, etc... unless I was holding the two, all the time, they screamed and screamed!!! It was not fair to me and certainly not fair to all the other children!! I have had daycare friends go thru this as well, you hate it, but you have to say enough is enough, and once you let the children go, your world is a better place for everyone!!!LOL!!!